Upvc Door Shop Guarantee and Conditions of Guarantee
Section 1. Definitions
1. “Company” shall mean UPVC Door Shop whose office is situated at 174 South Mid Street Bathgate EH48 1DY
2. “Goods” shall mean all or any of the goods or materials which from time to time the company contracts to supply.
3. “Services” shall mean all of the services which from time to time the company contracts to supply.
4. “Purchaser” means the person, firm, company or other corporation who places an order with the company otherwise contracts the company for goods or services.
Section 2. Application
1. These conditions shall apply to all contracts, whether written, oral or purchased online
2. All guarantees / warranties contained in this document shall be for a maximum period of 10 years on white p-vcu windows and doors,5 years on composite door slabs 5 years on the composite door woodgrain frame, and 5 years on all woodgrain windows and doors from date of purchase and are only valid once payment has been received by the company in full.
4. Double glazed units are guaranteed for 5 years against misting up in between the the glass unit but not for (breakage cracks or scratches)
5. White p-vcu door panels are guaranteed for 10 years Woodgrain door panels are guaranteed for 5 years
6. Door furnisher (excluding door knockers and low aluminum thresholds) are guaranteed for a period of one year on all doors and windows against discoloration and tarnishing providing they are maintained (But not for breakage by the purchaser or others)
7. Door and window locking mechanisms including moving parts, are guaranteed against manufacturers defects for a period of 1 year providing the product has been correctly installed and the handle is pushed up and the lock engaged each time the door is closed
8. UPVC Door Shop agree to replace any part found to be faulty however we will not cover the cost of addition labor that my be required to install replacement parts.
9. All conditions contained within this warranty are subject to adequate maintenance of the goods supplied. The company will not be held liable for wrongly or poorly installed goods or for repairs to or replacement of goods which are damaged due to misuse, negligence, and deliberate or accidental damage whatsoever the cause, fire flood or normal wear and tear.
THE GUARANTEE DOSE NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING
“EXCEPT FOR” ADJUSTMENTS THAT WILL BE CARRIED OUT FREE OF CHARGE IN THE FIRST 6 MONTHS OF THE INSTALLATION
1. Adjustments after the six months that may be required throughout the lifetime of products to keep them in good working order are not part of the guarantee and will be charged for .
2. Negligence or misuse.
3. Inadequate maintenance.
4. Fire or Flooding